Monday, January 19, 2015

Colombo live and the call of my pillow

I made it to Sri Lanka safely.  If I've calculated correctly - I have been up for 62 hours. I've already met some wonderful people on my journey, from Bill who dashed with me to a new concourse in Dubai, (I will say Emerates is fantastic except for the whole communication thing) to Peter and Josie from the UK who kept me company on the flight to Colombo; to Chonathan, my driver who was my first introduction to Sri Lankin hospitality. I shall not forget Shanna, the Parisian boat DJ who stood in line with me for over 30 minutes while I got my train ticket.  I am grateful for these folks and the many more I will meet.

I am too tired for creative writing now... So I shall share my initial findings about Sri Lanka-

1) while it definitely conjure memories of my time in Thailand, this is not Thailand and I will do myself some good to be sure not to compare it.
2) people here are kind
3) while I haven't had much of it yet- the food is amazing.

Tomorrow I head out very early 4:45 To the train station to head to Kilinochchi. There I will see Diane!

Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment