Saturday, January 17, 2015

Off to Sri Lanka!

New adventures are always a good catalyst to get someone to start writing again.  My adventure is a 12  day trip to Sri Lanka.  My dear friend, Diane Faires, invited me along on part of her sabbatical journey.  (let us give thanks and praise to generous sabbatical grants!) Diane lived in Sri Lanka as a Global Missionary through the Chris
tian Church (Disciples of Christ) for three years teaching English among many other things. (Gosh, that was probably a decade ago.) I am honored to be a guest to share in new memories as she visits old friends that call her family. I am looking forward to learning more about Sri Lanka through its people and culture. I am excited to hike World's End, visit tea plantations, elephant sanctuaries, and relax on the beach with one of my favorite people in the world!

Since my first international trip to Thailand, I know that travel changes you. You don't always know how - but you know that you will be changed and spiritually richer for the experience. I can't think of a better way to start 2015!

My backpack is packed and I head to the airport in a few short hours. I plan to write and post pictures about this journey along the way.  I invite you to come along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment