Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Last moments in this beautiful country....

Im sitting on the veranda of our hotel in Colombo.  It's our last morning in Sri Lanka. Im taking in the sounds and smells of the city.  I hear the Buddhist monks chanting. The sounds of Tuk Tuks buzzing by.  I hear the hotel staff sweep the walk way. Horns honking, birds squaking, people rustling about their day. I could, perhaps be in any city, but I'm not. I am in Sri Lanka which I know from the sweet fragrant air. While the cities are often polluted with smog, one can also catch glimpses of lavender, coriander, and tumric. At one point driving thru the hill country the air smelled like sweet lavender.

On our last day we will visit one of Diane's friends and share about life in the States with her English class! We will finish up our day touring a bit of Colombo and of course, shopping.  We will depart for the airport around 11pm for a 2am flight home.

Diane and I were asking each other what we would miss most about SL. For me, perhaps the newness of discovering a new place; the adventure of the unknown and the beauty of learning about it. I have enjoyed every aspect of this trip- from navigating the train station, meeting new people and the hiking! It's all been wonderful. I was also asked if I would come again- absolutely! I hope I get the chance again. We have not met any Americans on this trip - Diane and I are happy to be SL ambassadors - if you have the chance come! You will love it! I certainly have.

Thanks for your love, prayers and well wishes.  See you home soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment